Instructions to Oral / Interactive Forum Presenters
Instructions for Presenters in Oral Sessions
- Speakers are requested to be in their respective session rooms at least 10 minutes prior to the commencement of each session. The duration of each oral presentation is 15 minutes. This includes 13 minutes for the presentation itself and 2 minutes for questions from the audience. Your oral presentation should not exceed 13 minutes. At the 12thminute, a reminder will be indicated as a sign for you to wrap up your presentation within the next minute.
- Your presentation will be followed by a short Question and Answer (Q&A) session. The length of your Q&A session will be at the discretion of the session chairperson(s), depending on the number of speakers and the progress of the presentations in the session. Generally, the Q&A session for each paper will not exceed 2 minutes. In cases where extra time is available at the end of the session, the chairperson(s) may invite further questions from the audience, who can address their questions to any speakers in the session.
- Kindly refer to the Technical Program (available at the conference website and in the Program Book) for your presentation session, time and venue. A copy of the latest technical session will also be posted on the notice board outside the respective venue.
- Presentation materials should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint (using Office 2007 or later) or Adobe Acrobat. Please bring your presentation materials on a thumb-drive and submit to the student helpers at the end of the preceding session, or at least half an hour before the start of your session. You should also report to their respective session chairperson(s) to inform your presence.
- In order to minimize technical difficulties and time wastage, a common Windows-based laptop computer will be used at the session venue. The use of individual personal computers or laptops is discouraged. It is also advisable to back-up your presentation materials.
- All papers must be presented in person at the conference in order to be included in the proceedings published in IEEE Xplore©.
Instructions for Presenters in Interactive Forum (Poster) Sessions
- Poster boards (90 cm (Width)×180 cm (Height)) and stationery will be available on-site for you to mount your poster.
- Your poster should be put up at least 20 minutes before the start of the session according to the assigned poster panel number, which can be found in the program book and also on the notice board outside the venue. You should report to their respective session chairperson(s) to inform your presence, and areexpected to stand by your poster to introduce your work or answer any questions during the session. At the end of the session, please help to remove your poster.
- All posters must be presented in person at the conference in order to be included in the proceedings published in IEEE Xplore©.